ES - defender culture

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 10:03:09 PDT 1999

>So the idea is instead of a culture camp, we would have _A Taste of
>Culture_.
>
>Please Comment do you like this? do you hate this? WHY???

I like the desire to make things more central,
more community.  In the past, I think there have
been problems with having the separate camps.
People didn't mingle.  So the idea of a Town
Square is quite good.

What about this:  each camp should have an
"ambassador", a spokesman.  They set up an
"embassy" around the list field or other
common area, showing their native talents
and culture.  During the day, people may visit
these embassies and also be able to watch the
tournament.  (Perhaps ambassadors could even
sponor a round using weapon styles of their
native country.)

At court, each ambassador (with entourage?)presents
a "token" of their native country; it could be poetry,
song, story, some food or other items.

Or alternately, the Baron and Baroness may "visit"
each embassy and be entertained by the ambassador
and his/her entourage.  Of course some tidbit would be
offered for refreshment and some gifts could be exchanged.

After this you might allow each embassy to open it's
doors to entertain the populace, by sharing time on
the common ground or have them invite people back to
their native camps for other entertainment.

I don't know where to figure in the judging.  I thought
we were moving away from that, but I'll bet my ideas
could be amendable to having a competition in there.
These are just a few ideas to further the SHARING of
these different cultures.

Just my $.02(but you can have it for free)

Allessandre Desiderio