ES - defender culture

Cynthia Overton cboverton at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 18:31:41 PDT 1999

Greetings!

I would like to put my thoughts here about the culture camps.  I think
that there should be culture camps throughout the site.  It is what
makes my memories of Defender.  I really like the idea of the town
square.  This seems like it is a good way for people to see all the
different cultures in a smaller venue.  This way people can see what
makes the different cultures but on a smaller scale and also with the
different camps a way for people to go and imerge in different
cultures.  Also, the idea of a town square put an image of what
trading areas in the past were like.  People would travel and go to
different areas of the world and see what that area was like.
People traveled and brought things back to their home country.  For
instance, this was how spices were introduced to other areas of the
world.  This was just the image that popped into my mind when reading
Darius and Rosalie's first message about the culture camps.

I know that I would like to see as many people involved in the
different culture camps/town square that are out there.  One main
reason why I fell in love with the SCA was that I could emerge in the
different cultures and have a way to discover new things.  I have
learned that in Ansteorra, especially in Elfsea, people have many
different personas from many cultures.  On my travels this past summer
season I found that in other areas of the known world they do not like
to explore different cultures and like to stay with one culture.
People were surprised to see someone of a different persona.  I would
like to see as many people participate in the culture camps/town
square.  This is what makes us so unique and so interesting.

Nicolette