ES - defender culture

ELYSANDRE at AOL.com ELYSANDRE at AOL.com
Sat May 22 11:34:12 PDT 1999

Hello there, my name is Elyssa some of you know me and a lot of you don't but
as one of two of the first autocrats to do the culture camps I wanted to put
my two cents worth in regarding the ideas being bounced around.  First I
would like to agree that the camps have become too distant from one another
with little or no interaction. This has saddened me for quite some time.  The
first year we made a grand tour of all the camps which was really fun.  I
will never forget the Roman Camp and their wall of briars and marked off
streets.  The second year there was a  wedding (mine and Sir Lance's) so we
made a wedding processional through each of the camps.  We learned a lot
about customs concerning weddings that year.

	Anyway back to the topic at hand.  I like the idea of having an area
for displays for each camp, I very much like the idea of the embassies being
set up around the list field.  I think this would be a great opportunity to
teach the populace about each culture.  I think the ideas I have seen bandied
about will revive what unfortunately was soon becoming a lost idea with the
culture camps.  I would like to thank the stewards this year for taking the
time to try and improve on an event rather than just arrange for the port a
potties and say "Hey it worked fine the way it was last year!"  Change is
good and keeps and draws the people.

	OK OK , I am getting off my soap box now.  I just wanted to say thank
you to those who are trying to continue on with what Maggie, Karlanna and I
started. (Karlanna and I were supposed to be the first stewards but hey she
was busy being Queen at the time LOL)

	So if you need any help with Defender this year, please feel free to
hollar.

                                                        Elyssa