ES - Guardian of the Tor

MaraofRede at AOL.com MaraofRede at AOL.com
Sun May 16 14:57:39 PDT 1999

I have just returned from Guardian of the Tor. What a beautiful event,
weekend, and time I had! To those of you who stayed home because you thought
it was raining there, we got nary a drop. To those who just couldn't be
there, my condolences. Try again next year. You should never miss a Tor event.
Several things made this weekend special; good company, beautiful weather,
the great folks who helped me with troll, and the fact that some very
wonderful people are now Guardians of the Tor.
One thing at a time:
1. To the good gentles who helped with troll;
Lady Francesca, Lord Caelin, Lady Pyro, Lady Lavine, David, Lady Aurelia,
Lord Seamus, HL Allessandra, Lady Ceinwen, Lord Borek (sorry about the
elevation!), Ann of Clan Firefall, Lady Julianna, Lord Kryztof (Is that
spelled right? and the title? Sorry if I have "elevated" again!) Lady Siobhan
and Lady Elizabeth, thank you all. It would have been a very long weekend,
and not nearly so much fun, if I had spent it at troll the whole time!
Also a very special thank you to Lady Elyssa, who came to the site to work
troll, even though she couldn't stay for the event!
To Lady Lauretta, "Vivat" on a job well done, and also to the wonderful folk
of the Tor, who worked so hard to help.
And to Lord Fearghus McKenna, Archery Guardian, Don Brendan, Rapier Guardian,
and to HL Airaklee Wolf, Chivalric Guardian, VIVAT!
I saw acts of honour, and chivalry, sacrifices made, and great fighting. This
is what it is all about; they don't get any better......
Next year, you really should be there!
HL Mara of Rede