ES - Glaslyn's Mini-Tourney

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 10:08:29 PST 1999

Greetings to Their Excellencies of Steppes and Elfsea, Lords and Ladies, and
all good Gentles!

      This is a reminder Glaslyn's mini-tourney/ fighter practice is a week
from today at 12 noon.  This is a heavy list, bear pit style tourney.  The
prize is a double-headed axe, a real gem of a weapon.

      As far as directions.....

      From Dallas, take I-35E North to Denton, take the Teasley exit and go
left under the interstate (you will be on Teasley).  Continue down to Hobson
(which will be on your right past an open park area with a bike and jogging
path visible from the road) turn right on Hobson.  The park entrance will
be, just past a church, on your right and take a right into the Souht Lakes
Park and look for the large, wooden, castle-like playground structure called
Eureka playground.  We will be around that area.

      From Ft. Worth and Arlington, 2 ways.....

      Take I-35W North to Denton and then get on Southbound 35E.  Go to the
Teasley exit, exit, and then take the right at the light (this will put you
on Teasley).  Take Teasley to Hobson (on the right past the east side of the
park; bike trail visible from Teasley) and turn right on to Hobson.  South
Lakes Park is on the right, enter and park by the playground.

       The secong way is via 377.  There probably a back route this way, but
to be safe....  Take 377 North to Denton.  When you get to the I-35E
overpass, turn right on to the service road and stay on it.  The next light
is Teasley and follow as above.

    We look forward to having our friends from Steppes and Elfsea there.
    If you have any questions, e-mail me or, I would think, Airaklee Wolf,
our seneschal (wolf77777 at juno.com).  Or you can call me personally Mon-Wed
after about six p.m. and Thurs-Saturday at any time as I will most likely
just be working on armour (as much as that stresses me out).
     Also if you have a difficult name to pronounce correctly, please get
with me prior to the tourney so I can get it on a notecard to make sure I am
pronoucing it right as I will be acting as herald.

In service to Glaslyn,
Cyniríc Cyniwarding