ES - Bordermarch Melees

Yukon yukon at teamunix.net
Mon Nov 22 12:53:40 PST 1999

Padraig,

    I will not try to embelish on Lord Robert's tales other than to add to
Ceinwen's praise of the Arthurian Company's charges and that on their
assault of the sallyport, Lord Robert penetrated to within 6 feet of the
other side of the castle :)  I must agree that Centurion Airaklee had a
smile on his face all day and many fine words for his troops that evening in
camp.  It was a pleasure to watch the fighting as well as participate as an
archer.  Many a fighter and archer fell to Ferghus's bow and I got a
few...ok maybe three or four...myself.  I must vivat the Queen though.  Her
talent with her crossbow is well witnessed in my shoulder ;)  Also I must
compliment Allessandre on her competence with her crossbow too.  I see the
advantages of the crossbow now and may be rethinking the use of my long bow
:)
    I only speak for myself, but I feel a few may agree, that you were
sorely missed both in battle as well as last Saturday night around the
campfire.  But there's is always WAR!!  And may we all join together as
common forces and deal with these Trimerians.
    I hope this old Scotsman did not offend anyone by missing their names
but all fought well and honorably.  It was my pleasure to be a part of it.

In service,
Laird Sean of Argyll

P.S.  Many thanks to Lord Connor for the ride down and back and his great
company :)