ES - From your chronicler

Amy & Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Tue Nov 23 15:46:22 PST 1999

Bill Osterheim wrote:

<snip> Remember to date the check  .....JANUARY 1, 2000........and not
before.....

<snip>

> Just wondering what is the big deal about the date on the
> check?  It has nothing to do with when you recieved it,
> or cashed it... and the banks certainly don't care.

<snip>

Elfsea will not be processing the checks through our ledger or bank
until after the 1st of the year.  It has happened that people have
written us checks and then stopped payment on them because the checks
did not clear within a given time frame which they expected.  Therefore,
we ask that the check be dated for when it will be cashed, so that the
issuer/writer remembers that the check won't clear right away.

In service,

Sigrid Normandottir
Reeve, Elfsea