ES - A&S questions

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:22:11 PST 1999

Wassail!

     ( I have mentioned this to Glaslyn's populace, but I need all the help
I can get :)  )

    I am in search of people who can give me advice on A&S projects.  I very
much would like, in this second try at the SCA, to be more involved with all
points, not just fighting.
     I have at least one project in mind.  It is going to involve some
woodworking.  One question for example would be if old instruments used
catgut for strings and wood for the pegs, would working reproductions have
to have the same.  I am planning on such a thing, but want them actually
playable and to do so may require things like bronze guitar strings, metal
tuning pegs (could use oak pegs in theory but I think they would eventually
give using metal strings) and reinforcement of the bridge which would most
likely be not visible from the outside.  I could make non-working examples,
but I would think people may want to hear these.
     If there is anyone who could spare some face-to-face teaching and maybe
even show me their examples (purely because I am audio-visual in learning
style) or pictures of their displays in detail, I would greatly appreciate
it.

Godspeed,
Cyniríc Cyniwarding