ES - The Solarium

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at home.com
Sat Oct 9 09:31:14 PDT 1999

Angela wrote:
How did the Solaruium go, what type of projects did you work on? It sounds like something I would be interested in attending next time.

Greetings, Angela:
We had a wonderful time at the Solarium.  Let's see if I can remember everything we did.

In attendance were Darius, Arabella, Siobhan, Aimee, and myself.  Most of us brought stuff we were working on, and showed them to each other.  We nibbled on goodies.  We discussed future projects, and decided to work on a kneeling pillow for the King of Atlantia.  Darius and I worked out the plans, based on the cross stitch pattern from Master Daud, and Aimee provided the frame to work it in 10 point.  Afterwards, several of us picked out the yarns for the pillow at American Needlewoman in Ft. Worth.  We also had a wonderful lunch at the Bavarian Cafe and Bakery.  Yumm.

We also signed most of those present up for a Glass Bead Class at the Arlington Stained Glass Shop.  We filled two of the classes up.  Aimee and Siobhan went to Tuesday night's class, and Arabella and I went yesterday.  We had so much fun making glass beads!!!  And they are so pretty.  We got to pick out whatever color beads we wanted to make.  I made several eye beads and one that looked that amber with little pieces of broken glass worked into it!!

They still have classes open in November on Thursdays, Nov 11 & 18, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM and on Saturdays, Nov. 13 & 20 1 - 4 PM.  The classes are 60.00 each for 6 hours, and are limited to four students.  Ceinwin is signed up for the Saturday one, if you want to go with someone else from Elfsea, and if you want to sign up for a class, call 817-861-0533.  The owner used to play SCA years ago, and is very nice.

BTW, the classes are fast paced, and the instructor and her assistant are great.  While you are attending the classes, all the supplies that you buy from them are 10% off, as well.  Aimee called me the day after her class, with so much excitement and enthusiasm, I couldn't wait until my class.

Now I am really looking forward to next Friday for my Bead Class.
And at the next Solarium, we can bring our beads and our projects.  The next one will be Monday, October 18 at Aimee's house again.  Bring a project, or be prepared to start on one!!

Baroness Xene