ES - Downtime at Coronation

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 16:02:50 PDT 1999

>That's a pretty good attempt, for a Saxon! :-P
>Mara

   Hey, that's just as insulting!;)  My persona and name happen to be
Anglian, the real English.  I have the docs to back it up.  Ny two cents,
though the Anglii, as Tacitus called them, are linguisticly West Germanic, I
personally believe they are more Nordic culturally.  Considering Angeln, the
English homeland according to Bede and as it is still named today, is on the
Southeast area of the Jutland penisula.  Certainly in the early grave finds,
the closeness is almost eerie.  Hence I thinnk the so-called Northern
invasions were actually welcomed and bolstered by the Angles yet despised by
the Saxon, whose allegiances were farther south.

Cyniríc