ES - Fw: Coronation

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Mon Oct 25 12:00:01 PDT 1999

At 11:54 AM 10/25/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Here is my 25 cents worth on this subject(inflation!)

I'm not sure if my words are worth much so I am going to give them away for
free!

>I like having people on one side of the table. This allows for easy serving
>and also for incredible table decorating with front cloths. Also everyone is
>facing the same direction.

I fully agree with Richard on this one.  Part of the reason ties in with the
next statement.

>Just let the people who really want to get to the site early get the best
>tables. Just guarantee's who ever prepays a seat at a table for feast.

In addition to having more room to serve and for decoration, it allows more
space between you and the people talking behind you.  This helps you to hear
court better.  As one who has attended the last 10 coronations and enjoys
hearing all that is said, this is one of my concerns.  Baroness Dana and
myself always get to the site very early, often we have to wait for gate to
open, in order to get a seat as close as possible to the front.  We have
found that sitting farther back than the first four rows usually assures we
will hear very little of what is said by anyone up front.  And yes, I do
have a hearing problem.  The result of over use for MANY years.:)  Even
though Dana is kind enough to repeat things I miss, sometimes she misses
them as well.

Thanks for letting me add my words to yours.

Bicé
>just my opinion
>Richard Fairbourne
Chris Harper