ES - Pardon? Could you speak up?

Richard Threlkeld rjt2 at airmail.net
Wed Oct 27 11:15:31 PDT 1999

I disagree with the premise here. You put 400+ people in
a room with moderately bad acoustics and give them plates
and utensils with which to play and you will not be able
to hear the crown even if everyone is unusually quiet.

Some sort of amplification is called for. Mikes like those
used in talk shows would not be too obvious and would help
greatly. Put mikes on the heralds and the crown. Have a
stand up mike out of the way that others may use, but it
would not be in pictures normally.

Caelin