ES - FW: ST - Youth Rapier Demo at the Quinfest Tourny

Patrick Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Sat Oct 9 12:25:13 PDT 1999

 > >is there going to be a youth rapier demo at the event?
 > >Chris Veenstra

 I have absolutely no problem with it as long as there are
 the proper marshals available.  Where I fought Rapier back
 in Kingdom X, I have know idea of the rules here--let alone
 the youth rules.   Personally, I like the idea of anything
 that gets young people involved.  We are a fairly "Family
 Oriented" bunch (i.e. many members have children under 18)
 so if you'd like to arrange it, we'll provide the List.

 > Well, there can be. Depends on if the fighters are willing to
 > go, or if they
 > are going to Crown. I can as Shanara Sunday if she wants to
 > go or if she's
 > going to Crown. I was planning on going, but circumstances
 > have prohibited,
 > so I'll be going to Quinfest instead. Petruccio, can you or
 > someone else
 > post directions?

 Here are the Directions (I'll post them separately also).

 Patrick Cuccurello &
 Ronna L. Hodges
 <Master Petruccio & Mistress Ronna>
 3053 Private Road 2282
 Quinlan, TX 75474
    (972) 679-2556   Cellular

 Take your best route to I-30 east out of Dallas.

 Take I-30 east out of Dallas until you cross over Lake Ray Hubbard
 into Rockwall.  On I-30 take exit for SR 205, the exit will
 have a large
 Truck Stop.  Turn right (south) on SR 205 and go to the first
 stop light (approximately 50 yards).  This is SR 276 to Quinlan and
 Lake Tawakoni.  Follow SR 276 approximately 19 miles to Quinlan.

 As you approach Quinlan, you will see a large water tower to the left.
 The speed limit here will drop to 60 MPH followed a short ways after
 that by a drop to 45 MPH.  The local police patrol takes these signs
 very seriously.  Continue down 276 to the stop light (one of
 two I might say).  There
 will be a Dairy Queen in front of you across the road.  Turn
 right and continue
 down to the second stop light (the second one in
 town....wooo-hoo!).  Go
 through the light, and directly to your right will be a strip
 mall with a
 roller rink.  We will be setting up in the field outside.
 Look for a large (15 X 30+)
 blue celeste (that's real light blue for you non herald
 types) shade canopy.

 > If the fighters  in Elfsea, Steppes, or anywhere else are
 > interested, drop
 > me a line. If the interest is there, and I can get at least 2
 > or 3 kids with
 > parents/guardians,  I'll sponser it as Steppes YR Marshal.
 >
 > Anya
 > Steppes Youth Rapier Marshal

 That would be wonderful.  Out our way we basically have two
 types of families.  Retirees, and young families.  Sometimes I
 think that we loose out on some people who would wish to play
 because they don't believe that there is anything for their
 children to do in a "medieval" context.  I think that a Youth
 Rapier demo, would be a wonderful idea.

 Petruccio