ES - Where to find dance classes.

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:15:10 PDT 1999

>From: "Richard Culver" <rbculver at hotmail.com>
>    Now how about lessons?  Anybody do one on ones or is it kind of
>pointless for period dancing?  I generally do not mind making a fool of
>myself in public, but not when I am actually not trying to be a fool.:)
>
>Cyniríc

Most popular dances are meant for groups (more than 1 couple), so yes - you
would really be better off learning in a dance group.  Fortunately, we have
such things nearby.

In Steppes (Dallas), every Thursday is devoted to dancing.  I have not gone
in a coon's age (however long that is) but I know that it still takes place
(Ld. Philip White is the instructor there).  It is located at the Walnut
Hill Recreation Center.  It's a bit of a drive but it is always going on.
If people wanted to carpool over to Steppes on the Thurdays we have free, I
would be interested in helping with that.

Also, I am willing to teach dance here in Elfsea, but have not had much luck
finding enough people to teach.  But if people let me know that they are
interested, I'd be willing to find a time and place.  Anyone interested in
learning?  Dance class once a month?

Allessandre (who loves to dance by the way...)