ES - Elfsea Defender - 2000

Richard Threlkeld rjt2 at airmail.net
Sat Oct 16 09:14:05 PDT 1999

Sid Richardson also has a "conference facility" at the end of the peninsula
with about 8 cabins (sleep 4-8 each depending on friendliness) and about
eight dormitories which sleep 8 comfortably. They all have showers,
running water, electricity, air conditioning, and bedding is furnished.
There is a cafeteria which will seat 60-70 at a sitting. And 3500 acres
of camping areas with latrines and running water. It is a peninsula
surrounded by Lake Bridgeport with several beaches, an island owned by
the camp, boats/canoes for hire, and an amphitheater overlooking the lake
and pointing toward the beautiful sunsets. The later will seat *lots* of
people.

One of my favorite areas is the COPE course (a "ropes course" which
builds teams and teamwork over a concentrated 2-1/2 day period. There are
also rappelling and climbing towers, small cliffs, and a few historical
areas.

Caelin on Andrede