ES - Downtime at Coronation

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:07:46 PDT 1999

>BTW, I learned to play the drum as a wee child.  My father taught me to
>play the bongo drums.

  Being a former drummer (in the mundane world), it is important to note
percussion instruments have been involved in music from its earliest times.
Just because the folk in the later Middle Ages lost their groove is no
reason to punish the earlier personas who did not. :)  I think at any
musical event it is best if people mix it up.  Personally, I would feel more
comfortable with  a heavily percussive piece than a triplet-laden recorder
quartet.

    As a side note, I would be interested in any early (as early as
possible) English, German, Scandinavian folk music.  I have wanted to study
reconstruction of melodies for Elder Germanic tongues to write and arrange
for pieces such as Cædmon's hymn and other leods and beots.  I just want to
see what I can construct.  I am getting sick of the whole Riverdance/ Celtic
thing or, in my mind, "what some English speaking white male did wrong to
us" :) (I really am being humourous, or trying)

Cyniríc