ES - Where to find dance classes.

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:26:36 PDT 1999

>Most popular dances are meant for groups (more than 1 couple), so yes - you
>would really be better off learning in a dance group.  Fortunately, we have
>such things nearby.
>
>In Steppes (Dallas), every Thursday is devoted to dancing.  I have not gone
>in a coon's age (however long that is) but I know that it still takes place
>(Ld. Philip White is the instructor there).  It is located at the Walnut
>Hill Recreation Center.  It's a bit of a drive but it is always going on.
>If people wanted to carpool over to Steppes on the Thurdays we have free, I
>would be interested in helping with that.

   Yeah I have heard about it.  Being from Glaslyn you would think I would
be comfortable going there, but there really was not much of a welcoming
vibe back in '92-'93 when I last had anything to do there (all my history
involves Elfsea).  I am thinking about attending their populace so I will
see how that goes.

>Also, I am willing to teach dance here in Elfsea, but have not had much
>luck finding enough people to teach.  But if people let me know that they
>are interested, I'd be willing to find a time and place.  Anyone interested
>in learning?  Dance class once a month?

  I know I can bring at least two down from Glaslyn (maybe three, but I am
not strong enough to secure our beloved Seneshal for the merriment-;).)
However others may with whom I have yet to bring the subject up.  A young
lady here has indeed been looking for dance classes and would be dependent
upon others to get her there.

Cyniríc