ES - Pardon? Could you speak up?

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:26:59 PDT 1999

>I agree with Caelin & Tiggy. The first court I went to,(Steppes Warlord in
>Canton Community Center) I walked out in frustration, because I didn't know
>what was going on. Several people who were with me & were interested in SCA
>also, didn't come back. Court is more interesting if EVERYONE, gets to
>participate in the Dream, not just a select few.

  Though new I have been to courts in the past, and I notice too the
potential for prolonged delays for people being called to court who simply
could not hear.  Prolonged delays make people fidget which only increases
the middle frequency noise which is what causes people not to hear in the
first place.

   I still say there are creative ways the hide mic's and speakers.  We
could even use an aerial area mic and use it to suspend The kingdom's arms
above the Crown at the same time.  However if Crown decides it does not want
it, I hope they drink nothing but water all day as they are going to need
every once of their vocal chords to get by.
   I read at my Dad's wedding just Saturday and I have a good booming voice
when I need to use it.  From where is was, I thought I was realling booming,
but without the mic, I could only be heard above two rows out before losing
clarity.  This was in a church of brick and with a wall behind me at an
angle.
    One thing is for sure there is going to be something like the Monty
Python "Blessed are the Cheesemakers" speech for Life of Brian.

Cyniríc