ES - cooks in Elfsea

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 13 06:56:25 PDT 1999

I have noticed latley (with some delight) that we here in Elfsea, and
her Cantons, a growing interest in period cooking. Being a practitioner
of this art, I would like to see if there is any interest In a Period
cooking night?

I had in Mind for this like the third monday of the month, as mondays
seem to be pretty clear on the calender. we could get together and
discus period foods, Menu's, and maybe see if we could get HE Gunther to
come over and give his spicing class or his class on sauces. Another
concept is to use these monthly meetings to agree on a Menu, and get
together every 3 or 4 months and have a day where we could sample and
compare notes on a full medieval meal. This is done periodicaly in The
Wastelands with a good mesure of succes, (though I think theirs is evry
six months)

Rosalia and I have a decent library of period cooking references and I
know others have some books we don't have. if we got together we could
have alot of fun with many foods from many diferent places in period.

What'cha think??
Darius