ES - Bardic Competition at Tarkus's

Sam Milligan miligan at anet-dfw.com
Mon Sep 6 22:47:55 PDT 1999

This is a month early, but I thought I would give potential participants
in the quarterly Bardic Competition at Tarkus's keep a little time to
get their competition pieces polished.

The prize is the pass-along leather Bardic cloak made by our host.  I
made the mistake of winning in July, when it was much too hot to be
wearing that much leather; the cloak has so far traveled with me to
ATYC, Fool's Revel and the Polydore Pike Perennially Popular Pennsic
Pity Pool Party, and will be take to Defender, where hopefully it will
be cool enough to actually wear it.

To the subject of the competition:

The Competition will be held at Tarkus's keep on Thursday, 7 October.
As we are entering the time of year when we begin to prepare for our
annual foray to War with Trimaris, participants will present a song,
story or poem on the subject of War.  Individuals will be limited to a
five-minute time slot.  Please note that if you exceed five minutes, you
will be disqualified.  I will have someone timing the performances, and
if necessary, participants will be given both a one minute and a thirty
second sign.  The winner will receive both largess to keep, and the
cloak, which must be passed on in similar fashion at the Bardic evening
in January.

I will repeat this message as a reminder a few days before the actual
date.

In Service,
Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain
Bard of Kragenworth Keep