ES - cooks in Elfsea

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:33:37 PDT 1999

>I have noticed latley (with some delight) that we here in Elfsea, and her
>Cantons, a growing interest in period cooking. Being a practitioner of this
>art, I would like to see if there is any interest In a Period cooking
>night?

Yes!!  I would very much be interested in a Period cooking night!

>I had in Mind for this like the third Monday of the month, as Mondays
>seem to be pretty clear on the calender. We could get together and
>discus period foods, Menu's, and maybe see if we could get HE >Gunther to
>come over and give his spicing class or his class on >sauces. Another
>concept is to use these monthly meetings to agree on >a Menu, and get
>together every 3 or 4 months and have a day where we >could sample and
>compare notes on a full medieval meal. This is done >periodicaly in The
>Wastelands with a good mesure of succes, (though >I think theirs is evry
>six months).

I like the 3rd Monday idea.  Don't see why not.  Also if we get together, we
could plan what we would like to do.  We could have a cooking night where a
single dish is researched, done and commented on.  We could have a theme for
3 - 4 months with a culmination of an entire meal, including manners, period
entertainment, etc.  Kinda mini revel :)

>Rosalia and I have a decent library of period cooking references and >I
>know others have some books we don't have. if we got together we >could
>have alot of fun with many foods from many diferent places in >period.
>What'cha think??

I could use some good ideas for period sources.  I know some, but currently
funds are not for cook books (Galen says I have to cook out of the ones I
have ;)  But count me in!

Allessandre

"Those who give up a little liberty for safety, deserve neither liberty nor
safety" - Ben Franklin