ES - Period toys for children

DonnelShaw at AOL.com DonnelShaw at AOL.com
Tue Apr 11 22:17:18 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/11/00 9:41:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
eleefink at consultant.com writes:

<< Does anyone know of where I can find toys for children that are period. I
am
 really looking for dolls. I have a feeling that girls did play with dolls
 and stuffed animals. But, I want to know how they were constructed, whether
 they had faces, etc. Also, I would like to know what types of toys little
 boys played with (besides toy swords). Does anyone have a clue as to where I
 can look or what books I could find on the subject? I'm getting a lot of
 hits concerning Victorian toys, but nothing concerning toys during our
 period of study.

 Maria de Vasquez >>

This is a good and noble cause you are undertaking. But remember our children
have been exposed to TV, Pokemon, Nitendo, Barbie........ Some children will
willing play with period toys. Others will not be so willing. So remember not
only do you need to find period toys but ones the individual child will play
with.

Another words In my house one will like it and the other will not and vise
versa. So two sets of toys will be hauled to the event. uhhhhhhhhh.