ES - Period toys for children

Christine Fink eleefink at consultant.com
Tue Apr 11 19:40:20 PDT 2000

Does anyone know of where I can find toys for children that are period. I am
really looking for dolls. I have a feeling that girls did play with dolls
and stuffed animals. But, I want to know how they were constructed, whether
they had faces, etc. Also, I would like to know what types of toys little
boys played with (besides toy swords). Does anyone have a clue as to where I
can look or what books I could find on the subject? I'm getting a lot of
hits concerning Victorian toys, but nothing concerning toys during our
period of study.

Maria de Vasquez