ES - Springfaire Troll Volunteers

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Wed Apr 12 15:36:40 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Karie Mitchell <allessandre at hotmail.com>

> That is so cool!  This could be a real time-saver for those who are
> coordinating volunteer projects like gate, listministering, waterbearing
and
> so forth.
>
> It would be great if this could be done as often as we have events.
>
> Ciao,
> Alessandre
> (Keep up the good work!)

I agree!

The starting point of the application is actually at:
http://www.generich.com/elfsea/eventmgr/eventinfo.asp
which gives a better glimpse of the capabilities I'm shooting for.

Autocrats will be able to add activities and coordinators.
Coordinators will be able to define their activity's requirements. (shift
durations and # of people needed, etc.)
And the volunteers can sign up and see the schedule at any time. (With
internet access of course. Remember this is just a tool. It's purpose is not
to be exclusive to those without access, just an aid to those who do.)

If this proves successful, I hope to extend the idea to allow people to view
a calendar of events and indicate if they intend to attend a specific event.
Then we can get a feel for who's planning to be where. It could eventually
be helpful to feastocrats and the like. But that's WAY ahead of myself.
There's lots more to do just for this volunteer scheduling system first.

Thanks for the encouragement!

-=Armand=-