ES - armor question

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Apr 19 15:54:04 PDT 2000

Your helm needs to be made from 14 guage.  Loch Ruadh's Armor Guild can sell you the basic parts you'll need to make your helm:  10" spun dome, cold rolled mild steel for the sides/back, 1/4 in bar stock for the face cage.  You can weld and/or rivet this (except the face cage, which MUST be welded).  We can also provide guidance/help in the actual assembly process.  The parts (all pre-cut and ready to assemble) will cost you $25.

There is a farm supply store west of Weatherford that sells sheet steel considerably cheaper than any place else we have found.  The price difference is great enough to be worth the trip.  I'll post the name and address as soon as I find the paper I have it written on.  <grin>

Padraig