ES - armor question

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Thu Apr 20 10:16:35 PDT 2000

From: Sluggy <slugmusk at home.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 00:06:53 -0500

>Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain wrote:
>
>> (except the face cage, which MUST be welded).
>
>BTW, Roger Redhand was at the last Elfsea FP I went to at Randall Mill
>Park and he had helm with a riveted face cage made from 1/8" x 1/4"
>flats....
>
>I wonder if it's legal?
>
>Sluggy!

When I stated that the cage had to be welded, I was speaking specifically about the kind we have been using on the helms we have been making.  As the cage is made of lengths of bar stock, the nature of the beast makes it necessary to weld.  I'll have to check the new armor regs to see what they say about riveted cages/face plates.  As long as they meet the other standards (minimum guage, minimum openings, etc.), I don't see why a riveted face plate or cage would not pass.

Padraig

--
Nunc Est Bibendum