ES - culture camps

arthur starkey artairmacmora at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 11:16:05 PST 2000

Greetings to Elfsea,
	First I would like to say that about every event has
one culture camp.  This is the gathering of the
merchants in one place.  This is a successful way
merchants have of presenting their wares to the
populas.  At a large event you will notice that some
of the merchants tend to camp closer to their own
culture groupes or households, etc.  This leads me to
the thought that maybe merchants should be allowed to
camp and set up shop with their culture groupes so
they can participate in that aspect at the same time.
	This would allow the populace to visit the different
groupes and do their shopping at the same time.
	I know personally that merchanting is a part of my
persona and is NOT to make a living although I must
receive a minimum income in order to attend the
events.  This income is not the primary goal.
Enhancing the Society by providing the extras that
complete a person's costume is rewarding to me.  When
I am not at an event, I have fun searching for items
to go on the table, therefore the event continues
before and after it actually occurs.  But when I get
to the event I sometimes would like to camp and
merchant in my culture area instead of having to
search ot every person throughout the whole
encampment.  I do not5 advocate this at every event
but occasionally I thing would be nice.
	I wonder if there are others with this desire?
In the service of Ansteorria,

Artair Macmora