ES - Elfsea Defender

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Mon Apr 3 23:36:20 PDT 2000

I would disagree. How you say something implies many things.  I do know
that many people just camped where they wanted and didn't bother with the
camps but they felt unwelcome if they weren't in a camp. They didn't want
to be Unaligned. . Open camping  would give people of being welcome even
if they don't want to do a culture camp.

I know some of you think of me as the commander-in -chief of the
Authenticity Police and the Persona nut. Actually compared to others I am
sort of mellow. I believe in the "pool of enchainment" rather than the
"Enchanted Lands" concept. "Pools of enchainment" go back for a long time
in Ansteorra.  They are open places with defined boundary where people
can look in and watch the persona play. If they feel like it they can
step into the area and play for as long or as short as they want. Culture
camps are that. They embodied the spirit not the letter of the game.
Persona Taverns, Coffee shops with dancing, Ladies Pavilions, Nobles
courts and other just things are all "pools of enchantment" They are
places were the magic comes alive, An on stage place. I think we can have
"pools of enchantment" and our everyday, laid back places side by side
with a little organization.

Willow