ES - Springfaire Troll Volunteers

neil starkey raimonddemora at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 12 16:25:36 PDT 2000

>The starting point of the application is actually at:
>http://www.generich.com/elfsea/eventmgr/eventinfo.asp
>which gives a better glimpse of the capabilities I'm shooting for.
>
>Autocrats will be able to add activities and coordinators.
>Coordinators will be able to define their activity's requirements. (shift
>durations and # of people needed, etc.)
>And the volunteers can sign up and see the schedule at any time. (With
>internet access of course. Remember this is just a tool. It's purpose is
>not
>to be exclusive to those without access, just an aid to those who do.)
>
>If this proves successful, I hope to extend the idea to allow people to
>view
>a calendar of events and indicate if they intend to attend a specific
>event.
>Then we can get a feel for who's planning to be where. It could eventually
>be helpful to feastocrats and the like. But that's WAY ahead of myself.
>There's lots more to do just for this volunteer scheduling system first.
>
>Thanks for the encouragement!
>
>-=Armand

This is a great idea.  I like it.  Can this be linked to the Elfsea Site
directly?

Also, can a similar version be created to self run on any computer from a
disk?  The reason I am asking, is not everyone has internet access and may
want to volunteer to coordinate something at a future event such as Troll.
This will give the tools to track everyone as volunteers call them.
Something to think about.

Armand, you are wizard in our current middle ages.  (This is a good thing.)
Raimond