ES - Officer's banners

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at healthaxis.com
Tue Apr 18 08:57:48 PDT 2000

There are no SCA standard arms for the chamberlain.  The East and Middle
Kingdoms both use registered arms as follows :

East : (Fieldless) A cushion purpure.
(A purple cushion, no field).

Middle : Azure, a pale checky gules and argent, overall two keys in saltire,
wards to chief Or.
(Blue field, vertical bar checky of red and white, and two keys with wards
to the top of the field gold.)

Of course, I like the colors better for the historical arms of the
Arch-chamberlain of the Holy Roman Empire which are either :

Azure, a sceptre Or.
(Blue field, gold sceptre)

OR...

Azure, two sceptres in saltire Or.
(Blue field, crossed sceptres gold.)

I personally think that the single sceptre version is very classy, and
should be used since we don't have official arms for the chamberlain in this
kingdom.  Their period! For a chamberlain! ;-)

Timothy