ES - Sittling, was: Gee is it quiet...

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Tue Apr 11 16:07:09 PDT 2000

At 03:01 PM 4/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>You addressed this before I could get to it. I was about to explain that
>'sittling' is the darker side of telecommuting.
<snip>
>-=Armand=- <--Who considered sittling once but was talked out of it by an
>compassionate member of the JSNTS group. (Just Say No To Sittling) Acronym
>referred to 'Just Nuts'

Like you I don't mean to be rude but I have a whole other view of 'sittling'.
As a Mother of many years experience, I can tell you exactly what
'sittling' is.  It is that point at which a Mother starts to rest.  She
'sits' but has not yet 'settled back'.  Hence, 'sittling'!  All Mothers
will recognize that point in time when the small child needs something that
just can't wait.  This is directly related to 'napling'.  But that's
another subject.

Just my effort to kill time until A & S tonight.

Bice