ES - A couple of COOL web sites . . .

Lord Kainin Tepésa kainin at copycraft.com
Thu Apr 13 11:04:16 PDT 2000

Greetings to the list,

    I have a couple of cool sites that I wanted to share with you. The
first is the trailer site for the new movie "Gladiator". This is a
Ridley Scott film and although his past efforts have not been the
most period films (any one remember "Cutthroat Island"?), they are
always fun. If you have an interest, go check out the site and
download the trailer; it looks like the special effects and various
fights are going to be awesome.

http://www.gladiator-thefilm.com/

    However, the film does not open until May, but don't worry, if the
trailer gets you fired up then Bonwicke has just the event for you.
Come join us April 28-30 for our OCTAVIAN. This year is going to be a
grand spectacle full of more fighting then you could ever hope to see
or participate in. We will have the Octavian (our gladiatorial man
vs. animal tourney), a Last-Person-Standing street duel (light
tourney), Baronial Defender tourney (heavy), Baroness' Defender
tourney (light), Baronial Yeoman tourney (archery), Baronial A&S
Champion competition, Baronial Bard competition, Western Regional
Warlord tourney (heavy team battle), Youth Rapier and Boffer tourneys
and much more, with plenty of great prizes for each. Check the ad in
the April Black Star or you can find the Octavian web site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/jaspersoctavian/index.html

     There are a couple of things not on the web site or in the Black
Star ads that I need to address. First we have added a troll price
for children 6-12 of $4.00. Second we welcome any merchants to come
and sell their wares. We do not have a merchant fee, nor do we
require the donation of a prize (you may if you wish, but we do not
require it), we just want to have some shopping available for those
not in the various competitions. Also in that thought we will have a
prize for the persona with the most money won wagering on the
Saturday tournaments. Every adult (21 and over) through the gate will
be given a starting pool of "coins" with which to wager on the
various combatants. At the end of the day the richest winner will go
home with a prize. Pets and minors are welcome with proper papers.
Sorry the map to the site is not yet on the web page (it is in the
Black Star) but will be coming soon. If you need directions contact
one of the Stewards listed below. We plan on having a lot of fun and
want each and every one of you to come and share with us. Please,
pass the word on to those who are not on the web.

						In service,
						Kainin

Steward:
    Lord Jasper Codrington
    jasper1420 at hotmail.com

Co-Stewards:
    Lord Kainin Tepesa & Lady Oriana Francesco
    kainin at copycraft.com

Sorry for duplicate postings, but I wanted to get the word out to everyone :-)