ES - Membership trend

Ori Pomerantz ori at simple-tech.com
Wed Aug 2 19:32:07 PDT 2000

	Hi,

> ok, name me one organization in the world where you can camp all weekend for
> $10, learn history and meet some interesting ..... um,people, and all the
> other cool stuff, not to mention artisan, bardic or martial activities,
> without being required to pay yearly dues.
	Hmm, the military. You can get to camp all weekend AND all week.
You don't pay for it - in fact they'll pay you, though not a lot. You
learn some history, certain heraldic skills (particularly those related to
recognizing insignia and shouting) and as for the martial activities,
well, lets just say they're REALLY SERIOUS about realism ;-). Sorry, I
couldn't resist it.

	Bye,
		Uriah of Hebron
		who fought during