ES - Membership trend

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Tue Aug 1 13:46:03 PDT 2000

Galen here...

I was just perusing the End of Reign report from the
Kingdom Seneschal.  That's the big semi-annual report he
sends to the Crown and the Society Seneschal on the state
of the kingdom.

The comments regarding Elfsea and its affiliates are
generally positive, and there are no problems mentioned
that come as a surprise.  We're addressing problems that
need solutions and moving ahead to make life still better
in Elfsea, and virtually everyone who gets this note is
at least a small part of that.

But there was one thing I didn't like, that did catch me
by surprise.

I've known that Ansteorra has been in a membership
decline for some time.  However, here in Elfsea, we've
had a steady increase in memberhips since the reign of
Seamus & Maggie as Baron & Baroness.  Until the first six
months of this year.  I can't say I like the correlation
(not causation) of Allessandra's and my investiture with
a small drop in membership numbers.

The Barony's not in any danger of losing its status or
any such thing, but if your membership has lapsed, or if
you're new to the barony, please take this friendly
reminder to send in your membership.  There's a lot that
comes with membership, most notably the eligibility to
hold office, the _Black Star_ kingdom newsletter, and
much more.

- Galen Elfsea
(who hates to look bad)