ES - Gothic and drought etc.

Connie Fielder eleanor34 at webtv.net
Sun Aug 27 13:30:37 PDT 2000

Greetings, good Barony of Elfsea!

Indeed, the weather has been dreadfully hot and dry, so there will be
few green spots to be had at Gothic. The dust will whip up if the wind
blows, so those with allergies may want to bring extra meds. But this is
West Ansteorra and we cope the best we can.....the forcast does show
cooler temps., and I'm sorry folks, but if it rains, you will see lots
of dusty WRs out dancing in it!!! Just make your preperations as Msts
Xene stated and all should go well......because of the drought, burn
bans are in effect and all common sense applies with one's grills.

I personally would love to see tons of our children enter the A&S
competition! Future Laurels have to begin somewhere : ).........my own
son Edmund will enter for the 1st time and he's very excited. We adults
often talk about including our children in more actual SCA activities,
and this is just one of the ways available. There are many young talents
out there just waiting to blossom........of course, this all stems from
Loch Ruadh's recent Children's A&S, so THANK YOU good canton for your
example! It all takes such little effort and the rewards are
immeasurable.....

No feast is planned per se, TRMs will be fed all weekend by various
groups and households. But Mstr Rosario will have the grills going, and
I'm certain a good party or two will be found in his corner of the
sight...........Sweetwater is but 5 miles further west on I-20, where
one can find  food stuffs and last minute supplies. Just past the event
site is the little lake store where one can purchase ice etc.

Elfsea, be it 2, or be it 20, your friendly and hardworking people
always have presence! We are always happy to see you!!

May your travels be safe and we'll see you next weekend.......

Baroness Eleanor de Broke
Mendersham