ES - Children's Bardic Competition at Lughnasad

yukon yukon at ddsob.com
Tue Aug 15 03:59:37 PDT 2000

Thank you Tiggy for your gracious words about our children.  As the proud
mundane father of Kara Mac an Ghabbann and her older brother Erik who is 19,
I really had no idea the talent those two possessed.  This was the first
time I had seen them perform in front of an audience in many years.  I was
as surprised as anyone was to hear them sing so well.  As a father, my award
of the Sable Comet of Ansteorra, Saturday night in court, was almost
overshadowed by my two children's performances.  On the way home sunday,
they were so excited and talking plans of performances and bardic circles in
the future.  Kara was even letting Erik know that she planned to unseat him
next year at Lughnasad ;)  I did let her know that the competition would be
even more fierce though as Padraig also has his sights set on the wonderful
cloak that Erik will be proudly wearing for the next year.
All I can say good folks is encourage your children in their endeavors in
the SCA, they'll make you proud :)

Laird Sean of Argyll
Sable Comet of Ansteorra
Loch Ruadh Archery Marshal