Laurel approved Titles -- Was {ES - The Elfsea Domesday}

AerynGeil at AOL.com AerynGeil at AOL.com
Wed Aug 30 19:38:02 PDT 2000

I am more familiar with French, but I wonder if -- as both are Romance
languages-your translation of Senor as Mister, etc., is exactly accurate.
Reasons follow:

1. In French Monsieur literally translates as my (mon) lord (sieur) and has
been rendered as mister in the more egalitarian mundane world.

2. In the Spanish version of the Lord have mercy (or Grant this oh Lord - I
forget which as it has been a while since I heard a liturgy in Spanish) the
phrase is Senor  Rogamo (spelling is iffy at best as I only heard the phrase
- If you want a real laugh ask me to spell Liturgical Serbian)

Aeryn