ES - Record Drought & Gothic War

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Sun Aug 27 09:41:55 PDT 2000

Musings from Xene:

  It hasn't rained since the part of July.  We are camping out next weekend.
What are the chances that it will rain next weekend at Gothic?  According to
the 7-day forecast, none, but.......it rained last year there.  We will
definately water-proof the tents.  It looks like it will be cooler, though,
with the forecast being 91 degrees for the high and 65 at night.  It sounds
very pleasant.

Who all is going to Gothic and what kind of a presence can we have there? We
are taking both boys, so we don't have any open seats unless we take a
trailer.  Does anyone else have room to carpool?  Let's try to save gas and
money, for sure...

They are having an A & S competition and a children's A & S.  I've heard
rumors of hound coursing (Arnbjorn will be happy).  There is no feast
planned that I can see, but we could do a group dinner again - Stew, meat
pies, B-B-Q, that sort of thing.  Please contact me if you would like to do
a group encampment and we can get together something this week.

There is a Chivalry circle and a Centurian's circle, so all you chivalric
fighters have a chance to show your stuff and have fun fighting.  Llywelyn
has also requested that the Arthurian Company attend the event so that they
might practice melee tactics and fight together.  It is a request, though,
not an official function.  He is aware that some will be unable to attend.

If you want to get fired up over battling Trimarans again, I just found
another web page with pictures from this last year's Gulf War IX.  See
http://brad-leah.ansteorra.org/   and look at the Gulf War Pictures.

I noticed that there is also a novice rapier tourney, so if you haven't been
fighting for more than a year, this would be a great tournament for you as
well.

Looking forward to the tourney circuit this year,

Mistress Xene