ES - Heraldic question

David Knebel herault2 at home.com
Fri Dec 15 14:41:10 PST 2000

   Argent is depicted as white, silver,or grey.  It is actually the metal
silver.  If you were to see it on an actual shield from across the field it
would appear to be either white, silver or grey depending on the angle and
light.  In heraldic art it is most often depicted as white( for contrast
reasons).
   Ermine is white with spots that look like a chicken's foot prints with
three even smaller spots over them. It is a representation of an ermine
pelt.
   So if you liked having the white field(background) ermine is a good
substitute(white speckled black).  Someone correct me if I am wrong but
couldn't she also treat the field Argent with azure ermine spots and get the
same number of differences or is a field treatment only half a
difference(where have my memory and my books gone).
  Also Changing the Decresent to an Incresent would remove you from
conflict with that particular device and in a cursory check any of the above
options do not appear to conflict with any currently registered devices.

  Ever in Service,

    Tomas