ES - Archery over the weekend and into the future

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Mon Dec 11 05:49:45 PST 2000

Greetings,
     Archery this weekend had about exactly as many archers as I expected with the Christmas season and Arthurian Practice up against Archery Practice.  We had five people from Central Region and two Archers from the Denton County Range.  They shot Recurve and longbow and other than the aluminum shafts the looked good.  Scored well enough to be firmly in the Rank of Marksmen and only a point or two shy of bowmen. To quote Arthur, our host for the day -
     "I really enjoyed the shooting and the company today. Too bad
      neither of us were able to get more of our people out there, but
      it was an uphill battle with Christmas shopping and hunting
      season in full swing."
They are having thier meeting tonight and anyone who'd like to come speak or hear what's spoken is welcome.  Contact me for directions.  I'd love some company as I'm not good at speaking to large groups of Relative strangers.  (Now a large group of strange relatives I can handle.)

     Everybody shooting 'Score' shot their average give or take a few points. We came up with 2 Archers, no Bowmen, 1 Marksmen, and 2 Forresters and 0 Hunstmen.  Given that the Highest current ranked Ansteorran is a 'Huntsman', Central Region and Elfsea in particular, is firmly entrenched in the 'respectably skilled' level of shooting.
     Whatever goes on at the DCA range tonight will be gauging the conditions under which they'd let us shoot.  I have neither the authority or desire to make any decisions.  I'm still looking for sites to use for ranges and will be linking up with some of the people that have land large enough, who've offered it up, to schedule shoots through January and February.  Once we've tried each of the areas once or twice then the archers will be polled for a best location. (Or we may just making it a wandering shoot)  I'm Babbling now.  Let me just say I need to improve my average so this sunday I will be shooting a royal round at Steppes Practice unless it gets cancelled we've all been invited anytime we want to come out.

In Service,
     Wilim Brook ... Erm ... Penbras