ES - Back to Authorization Day

Adam Harrison hookshot at startext.net
Wed Dec 13 21:10:54 PST 2000

Quick note on Siege engines...

  "Heavy" class engines are defined as any engine that can shoot a 1 lb rock
at least 60 yds.  Heavy engines require 3 crew.  Any engine that can't shoot
a 1 lb rock at least 60 yds is considered a "light engine" or "field engine"
Unless our ballistas can shoot 1 lb rocks 60 yds(which I doubt, especially
considering a 1 lb rock probably wouldn't fit through the front of any
ballistas we have) then we only need 12 crew for the 6 ballistas.  However,
Loch Ruadh does plan on having a trebuchet functioning by war, and it WILL
be classified as a heavy class engine, so we will need at least 15 crew for
the Elfsea Battery.

Then again, if the rules get changed the first night of the war(like they
did with archery last year) we may be stuck with needing to find more
crewmembers very
quickly.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the rules are changed regarding
siege engine crew hand protection.  At the moment, it's only leather gloves,
but I wouldn't be surprised if that gets changed to at least half-gauntlets,
if not full gauntlets.  -Just something else to consider.

-Bjorn