ES - A new start and updates from the edge

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Tue Dec 5 16:02:20 PST 2000

Holiday Greetings, from Xene.

Just a note to let you all know that I am starting a new job on Monday with
Bray Elementary in Cedar Hill.  I will be the Computer Lab Aide - the lab
manager and computer teacher - for Kindergarten through 4th grade.  Bray is
a very small school in the old part of Cedar Hill.  Not quite a teaching
position (or teacher's pay), but a good place to start while I work on
certification.

As such, I will be unable to host Elfsea's Solarium Guild.  Since there
hasn't seemed to be very much interest in it lately - no one has called or
written to me about coming - it may be time to call for an end to Solarium.
If anyone else wants to pick up the (yarn) ball and run with it, go for it!!

I'm apologize for not being able to attend Elfsea Moot, but Anthony has
basketball practice on Monday nights and Llywelyn has been working late.  I
did, however, manage to attend Lady Nina Natasha's memorial service.  Lord
Gurin presented the eulogy, which was a very moving ceremony.  I had to go.
Nina used to call me just to see how I was doing.  She didn't just call when
she wanted something, but cared about me as an individual, not just "the
Baroness".  Her sweet smile and caring for all those around her will be
sorely missed.

On another front, Llywelyn and I have joined the church choir.  We will be
performing J.C. Bach's "Magnificat" on Sunday, Dec. 17. Yes, I meant J.C.
for Johann Christian Bach.  Not his father, Johann Sebastian Bach, who also
wrote a "Magnificat".

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Tor,

Mistress Xene