ANST-Announce - Contract on the Crown

AMH/DBLJ orthart at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 13 22:45:56 PST 2000

Greetings to all,

I should have written sooner, but I've been fighting with my computer
and have just solved my email problems.

IMPORTANT !!!!!!
There will be not attempts on the Crown this weekend at Academy of the
Sword.  I repeat, the Crown have the weekend off from the game, there
will be no attempts on the Crown at Academy of the Sword.

The contract on the King has been executed.  No future attempts will be
made on the King at all.  For the exciting details see the January
Blackstar.

The ONE AND ONLY event that the Queen will be playing the Assassin's
game is Stepps 12th Night.  If you wish to work as an assassin you MUST
contact me for a personal ok on your plan.

A special thanks to Their Majesties and their bodyguards.  They have
been good sports, self sacrificing and true players in the game.  Thank
you for playing.

Posted below is a copy of the Assassins Guild Charter and the other
special rules.

Pax,
Marius

First of all I have assured Their Royal Majesties that no assassins will

move against them unless I have personally reviewed an individuals plan
and
agreed that it is safe and appropriate.  Approval of a local liaison is
not
adequate for the Royal contracts.

There will be no attempts at Three Kings, Crown Tourney or Coronation.
All
other events are fair game.  If the Royal Victims survive till they
step-down they have successfully evaded the Guild.

The contracts are individual.  That is to say that just because an
attempt
is made on him doesn't mean that an attempt is being made on her.  Just
because an attempt is successful on her doesn't mean that the contract
is
over for him too.  There are really two contracts.

Attempts will be made to capture or kill assassins ACTIVELY executing
contracts.  If a chase of an assassin, victim or bodyguard occurs and
you
wish to capture someone simply lay both hands on them and they must
stop.
It's like "two hands anywhere touch football" except when you've been
tagged you are considered bound and gagged and unable to call out to
warn
anyone.

ALL bodyguards, assassins and other participants will read and adhere to

the Assassins Guild Charter and other special limitations strictly.
Please, no rough actions of any kind by any party.  If you feel that you

may get carried away and break any of the rules you should not play the
Assassins game.  The functional word for this game is FUN, not win.

Below is a reprint of the announcement that will be published in the
October Blackstar as well as a copy of the Assassins Guild Charter.
Have
fun, play nice.

Pax,
Marius

Unto the populace of Ansteorra - This officially announces the
acceptance
of death contracts in the Assassins Guild persona game by His Royal
Majesty
Timotheos and Her Royal Majesty Allyson. Negotiations with the Crown
have
concluded successfully with both agreeing to play in a light-hearted
spirit
of fun.  As of the printing of this message in the Blackstar their lives

are forfeit to the Assassins Guild.  Special terms, conditions and
limitations will be in effect.  Absolutely NO ONE IS TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT
FULFILL THIS CONTRACT UNLESS AN INDIVIDUAL PLAN IS REVIEWED AND A
PERSONAL, ONE TO ONE GREEN LIGHT IS GIVEN BY LORD MARIUS ATREIDAE, the
acting liaison
between The Guild and Their Royal Majesties.  Unauthorized attempts will

not be tolerated and will be dealt with harshly by The Guild and the
Crown.  ALL bodyguards, assassins and other participants will read and
adhere to the Assassins Guild Charter and other special limitations
strictly.  To obtain a copy of The Guild Charter and relevant
information
contact Lord Marius, aka Douglas B. LeJeune at 281-367-3409 or
orthart at earthlink.net or 27274 Orth Lane ? Conroe, Tx. 77385.  In
closing,
I remind you that even if the attempts are successful there will be no
loss
of persona for Their Royal Victims.

                ASSASSINS  GUILD  CHARTER

This is the public charter of the Assassins Guild of Ansteorra. The main

purpose of the Guild is to create a sinister atmosphere to add to the
enjoyment of others in the S.C.A.   We feel that assassins were as much
part of Medieval, and especially Renaissance life as knights and their
code
of honor.  The Guild allows non-fighters to experience the thrills of
the
hunt and pretend deaths that were before now reserved for warranted
fighters only.  The main point being that this is just a game, and the
rules listed below ensure FUN and SAFETY.  We will not permanently kill
off
any persona, unless the the VICTIM wishes her/his persona to die.

The Guild will print articles in local newsletters about guild
activities
and assassinations in history.

Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne is the Guild Principal.  She and Lord
Marius
Atreidae, her Ansteorra Liaison, handle business matters only and do not
participate
in any assassination attempts.

All contracts will be paid in advance either in goods or service.  The
Guild has a sliding scale of rates depending on the status of the
intended
victim.  The price must include a gift from the purchaser to the victim
be awarded at the discretion of the Guild for an awe-inspiring death.
This
gift is considered a full wergild price and is paid to the victim ONLY.
We
do not guarantee results and there are no refunds.  The Guild may also
be
hired for pretend kidnappings.  It is harder to capture someone than to
assassinate them so the price may be slightly higher.  Again, there are
no
guarantees.

Only guild principals will know the identity of the purchaser and they
ain’t talkin’.  Victims will be notified suggesting that he/she take
appropriate measures for her/his safety.  If any potential victim has a
strong objection to playing this game, they need only to express this
objection (in writing preferably) to the guild principal.  We will then
refund the price of the assassination and consider the contract voided.
All written refusals will be kept on file for future reference.

When a contract is accepted by a victim, that victim is fair game at any

ONE EVENT from that moment.  We choose the event and we don’t tell which

one.  It doesn’t matter if the ONE EVENT is the next day or several
months
later.  We stress the phrase “ONE EVENT” because, once an attempt has
been
made, if the victim lives to see the end of that ONE EVENT, he/she has
successfully terminated the contract.  Of course if the intended victim
makes a mad dash for the door once an attempt has been made she/he will
be
denounced as a cowardly cur.

We reserve the right to refuse any job.  We will not take a contract on
any
ruling or soon to rule Royalty : Queen, King, Crown Prince, Crown
Princess,
Princess or Prince. (unless they agree to it in the spirit of fun)  We
will
not accept any political contracts, nor any contracts that involve hard
feelings between parties.  Our contracts are strictly for fun and
amusement.

The Guild cannot be bought by the victim to prevent assassination.  We
will
attempt to finish any job accepted.  Of course, victims can hire us to
assassinate whomever they think is behind their death.

INTENDED VICTIMS, BODYGUARDS, VIGILANTES AND ASSASSINS MUST PLAY
STRICTLY
BY THESE AND ALL OTHER GUILD AND KINGDOM RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely no assassination attempt will be executed without first
contacting Mistress Edwina or a local liaison and securing their
approval
!!!

No interfering with the running of any event or court not our own.
No interfering with fighters on the field or any other function of
events
not our own.
No assassinations at Crown Tournaments, Coronations or other Kingdom
events
where assassinations would be inappropriate.  However, if the Crown
wants
something done...we will oblige for a price.

Assassins WILL be polite to everyone at all times.  The fact that we
pretend to murder should not be an excuse to be rude, lie, cheat or
steal.
Even an Assassin is only as good as his/her word.  ALL players shall
keep
control of their tempers at all times.  If a conflict should arise seek
Principal or Liaison to settle the dispute.

We will do all we can to avoid physically active assassinations, meaning
we
will not do anything that might lead to wrestling or other physical
struggling.  All our attempts will be low-key and subtle, thus
protecting
our identities, and keeping the disturbance at a minimum.

If you wish to capture someone simply lay both hands on them and they
must
stop.  Once someone is captured they are considered gagged so there can
be
no cries for help.  This method is good to capture ANYONE playing our
game.

Absolutely no going into tents or camp areas UNLESS INVITED.  Sleeping
people are sacred and forbidden.  Suddenly awaking a person is
dangerous.

Absolutely no live weapons or fake weapons that look real !   The only
weapon that the Guild actually touches a person with is a boffer dagger.

An Assassins Guild boffer dagger is made by wrapping silver duct tape
loosely around soft hollow pipe winterizing insulation foam which can be

found at any hardware store.  No PVC, CPVC, golf tubes, Siloflex or
anything other than foam and tape may be used in construction of
Assassins
Guild boffer daggers.  Daggers should be blunt, no longer than
approximately nine inches long, above all soft, and marked with
electrical
tape to show the cutting edge.  Green indicates poison.  A light touch
with
a green marked boffer delivers instant death.  Even a Polaroid photo of
mysterious hand holding a boffer at someone's back is a good kill.  (
Don’t
forget to roll up your sleeve and take off rings so you won’t be
identified
in the picture.)

The Assassins Guild does NOT follow the “Youth Combat Rules” for boffer
weapons.  No one under the age of eighteen is allow to participate in
any
Assassins Guild boffer activities.

A suggested alternative to the boffer is the dreaded GREEN STICKY DOT
!!!!!!!   Simply wonder up and stick it on.  Do not poke with a stiff
finger as some people bruise easily.  Never put your hands in
inappropriate
places.  Remember, all our attempts are low key.

Absolutely no projectile weapons, rubber or otherwise, that are actually

shot or thrown at the victim.  This includes water or other liquids.  A
weapon can be present, and a note given to the victim stating that it is

noticeably present, and to imagine an arrow in the chest.  Also, taking
Polaroid photo down an EMPTY crossbow works well.  But no real firing of

weapons !

No fake animals that look real, such as snakes or spiders.

No solid objects that could cause a person to choke will be placed in
food
or drink.  Absolutely no internal medications or allergenic foods are to
be
used, PERIOD !  This includes Metholyn Blue or anything like it.  Some
people are even allergenic to nuts.

All fake “poison” must be period to the Middle Ages.  Anyone using fake
“poison” must somehow be able to relate its name to the victim.  A
victim
may redeem her/his life by having a working knowledge of poisons and
selecting the correct, previously arranged antidote with documentation.
(Unicorn horns and things of the sort are not acceptable.)   Fake
“poison”
should be placed in or on food, drink, plates, mugs, knives, spoons,
paper,
cloth, etc... so as to allow the victim or a food tester a possibility
of
discovery.  (Again, green indicates poison and dots are suggested.)

If, by chance, you find yourself face to face and alone with your
assassin
when your death blow falls you are bound by your honor NOT to reveal
her/his identity.  If this were real life, there would be no witnesses
and
“dead men/women tell no tales”.

Once an assassination has been completed, the body may be carried off by

grieving friends or left to be healed.  Healing is our weakest area, but

most common means of reviving the victim is a kiss from an appropriate
friend or relative.  Once revived, a Guild Liaison will give the victim
the
gift that was supplied by the purchaser.  The gift will be a sign that
the
contract has been fulfilled and the game is over, with no loss of
persona,
unless loss of persona is requested by the victim.

If the victim hires body guards and taste-testers, and if one should
accidentally die, we feel it is the victim’s responsibility to take care
of
funeral expenses.  We feel that, although we did not seek permission to
do
them in, the fact that they agree to work for the victim in dangerous
positions automatically assumes they give permission to possibly be
killed.

We do not recognize any other assassins group.  Assassinations were not
that common.  More people died in battle than by assassination.  We can
not
allow anyone outside the Guild to attempt assassinations, if only for
safety reasons.  The guild has worked hard to keep this safe, going so
far
as to do away with most physical contact with the victim.  Only when the

victim is told ahead of time and gives permission do we play.  We will
not
tolerate other individuals attacking our victims or anyone else who
might
not even be playing.  Anyone who is the victim of an unauthorized
attempt,
meaning someone who was not asked by Mistress Edwina ahead of time to be
victim or is not working for a victim of the Guild should ignore the
attempt (don’t die) AND report the attempt to an Assassins Guild
Liaison,
the area Royalty, the Seneschal or someone with authority who can deal
with
the problem.  If other people take it on themselves to kill
indiscriminately, they put the whole assassin game in jeopardy.  This
will
not be tolerated by this guild and we will deal harshly with any
offenders,
as will the local royalty, if not the Crown themselves.  If you want to
be
an assassin, contact The Evil Mistress of Death, Edwina Dirks Sterne at
816-847-5191 or one of the local liaisons listed below any day before
10:PM.

Local branches may be set up with prior written approval by Mistress
Edwina.  No assassination attempt will be executed without first
contacting
Mistress Edwina and securing her approval.  Newly forming branches will
show this charter to the officers and populous of the area and will
report
back to Mistress Edwina the group reaction.  Anyone with an opinion
about
the formation of an Assassins Guild in their area can contact Mistress
Edwina directly.  When everyone understands the ground rules, it is
easier
to keep tabs on assassins and to punish rule breakers.  Any deviation
from
this charter may result in Branch Assassins’ rights being revoked!!!

In the spirit of the game a do good “Vigilante” group called the
Citizen’s
Militia has been created to combat the Assassins’ Death Squads.  These
Vigilantes may serve as bodyguards for those in need, but their main
purpose is to capture or kill assassins actively executing contracts.
The
Citizen’s Militia follows all rules set by this charter as do any that
play
this game.  Anyone needing their help or wishing to join the Militia
please
contact the number listed below.

>From time to time The Guild holds it’s own event called “Black, White
and
Sort of Gray “ where some of the above procedures may differ.  When in
doubt seek out Mistress Edwina or Lord Marius and ask.  “Black, White
and
Sort of Gray” is an Assassins Guild event that may be sponsored by any
local group.  After negotiations with interested groups the final
decision
of sponsorship lies solely with the Assassins Guild Principals.

In closing we remind you, assassinations are a very controversial
subject,
and only by following public rules and remaining as safe as possible
will
we be allowed to continue.  Your cooperation and participation are
greatly
appreciated.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  Please disregard all Guild Charters
dated before XI of XXXV  ( Nov. 2000 )

Assassins Guild Principal :   Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne,     Sue
Moon-Wallis          816-847-5191
1417 N. Rust Rd. - Grand Valley, Mo.
64029
SWallis at aol.com

Ansteorra Liaison :                 Lord Marius
Atreidae,                 Douglas B. LeJeune       281-367-3409
27274 Orth Lane - Conroe, Tx.
77385
orthart at earthlink.net

Stargate Liaison :                   Phillip (Mouse)
Navarre,             Paris Chelette                281-879-7437
10615 Beechnut #412 - Houston, Tx.
77072
mousenavarre at hotmail.com

Seawinds Liaison :                  Lord Ibrahim ibn Mohamoud,
Charles E. Albridge       361-991-0463
PO Box 158 - Chapman Ranch, Tx.
78347
CEA4481 at yahoo.com

Northkeep Liaison :              Nadine des
Jardins                       Barbara Lewis                918-665-2026
8435 E 24th - Tulsa OK
74129
theguild at 2die4.com
Northkeep Liaison :              Adalia Nyx VonDerBerg             Emily
Minier                 918-289-3040
444 S Quebec - Tulsa Ok
74112
theguild at 2die4.com

Citizens Militia :                     (Ld.) Capt. Adrian
Navarre,        Gary Chelette                281-561-5202
10003 Leawood Blvd. - Houston, Tx.
77099
navarre at wt.net

THE ASSASSINS GUILD, NOT AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN... BUT AS IT WAS.
A few words of advice from Lord Marius to those of you planing to work
as assassins... Do not tell ANYONE that you are working as an assassin
!!!  In Medieval times assassins were executed and besides, your best
friend or your wife / husband could be your next target.  Guild members
take a second name so that individuals may be spoken and written about
without betraying identities.  Also, if you have a question or complaint
do not hesitate to contact Mistress Edwina directly or your local
liaison.  We are always interested in hearing from anyone that has an
opinion about our game.       Pax.