ES -Artisan judging at Baronial College

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Tue Feb 1 21:15:05 PST 2000

What you describe sounds great to me.  But I would like to have the
comment sheet separate.  I had in mind picking up the forms when we judge
so we could use them to call people into court.  I *think* we plan on
talking to everyone when we judge, if at all possible, so would a comment
sheet be needed if we do that?  I always feel like I can get more in a
conversation than I ever get written down.  Let me know what you think.

In past years there have been specific categories, but we did not make
any specific list for this year.  I just want to know what all you want
us to look at, so you specify the categories.  As an example, last year
one of my items was a scrimshaw knife handle - but it was just the
handle, since I did not make the blade.  So I would list scrimshaw or
knife handle, but not knife or knife blade.  Does that make sense?

Suzanna, herbalist

On Tue, 01 Feb 2000 10:50:42 PST "Karie Mitchell"
<allessandre at hotmail.com> writes:
>>From: "Walter J. Wakefield" <wjwakefield at juno.com>
>>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:53:02 -0600
>
>>I have asked for each entrant to have a card or form to fill out
showing full name and all titles (I am bad about not remembering, so am
trying to improve my memory).  Also I would like to see a list of
categories being exhibited.  There should also be room to list any
classes you will be teaching or taking.  We certainly want to work around
those as much as possible.  Just so we finish in time to complete scrolls
and prizes!!

Are you thinking of something like this:

Allessandre Desiderio
Sable Thistle - Embroidery & Tatting, Iris of Merit
>Class schedule: 10:00 a.m. - Introduction to English Country Dance
>                           2:00 p.m. - Some Simple Bransles
>Prefer to be available for Artisan Competition at 3 p.m.
>
>Entering: Fiber Arts, Embroidery/Needlework, and Clothing
>

>I'm sure they won't mind this simple form to make it easier for them to
judge.  Can we add a comments section?  I think most artisans would
generally like to have this.  It helps us grow!