ES - Gulf War Meal Planning on February 7th!

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 07:54:58 PST 2000

>From: Betsy Marshall <Betsy at mailhost.softwareinnovation.com>
>hmm.. if the numbers are becoming that unwieldy,
>should we consider breaking up into manageable
>teams of about 10-15?or some number that is easy
>enough for 2 or three to cook for, but enough
>cooking teams to cover the majority of meals?
>just my $.02
>Pyro

Pyro,

And how right you are.  This group is getting unwieldly.
At the meeting we will discuss the best way to divide
this down.  Right now some suggestions are to have
more than one family cook each night.  We might
very well have "teams" of cooks each night and
"teams" for clean up, rather than the one or two
we have had in the past.

That's what this meeting is for.  We need to figure
out what is needed to meet the requirements of
feeding over 40 - Yes I did say 40 people!  More
are jumping on the bandwagon now.

We also need to deal with the possibility of being
able to invite those who we consider 'friends' who
have not joined this project, but we will want to include
anyway.  Not charity necessarily, but a way to offer
hospitality without making someone go hungry.

We will also need to make some basic rules/schedule.
Everyone needs to know when meals will be made, when
clean up is to occur, what happens if you are found to
be shirking your duties (getting doused works for me-
wicked evil grin).  These will all be discussed at the
meeting.

Ciao,
Allessandre
(coordinator of Gulf War food)