ES - Springfaire Gate Fees

Pookie Wallis pookie2 at airmail.net
Sat Feb 12 10:21:18 PST 2000

> This debate has been raging on the Ansteorra list, so let me bring this
> personally home.  What do people feel about including a membership
> discount for SpringFaire?

When I started participating in the SCA (which was here in Elfsea) that was
in place. I will admit I dont remember what the "discount" was for paid
members, but I do remember there was a price of a one or two dollar
diffrence.

> At business meeting we settled upon $8 for gate.  If that included a $2
> membership discount that would mean a maximum of $10 if you are a
> non-member and $30 (instead of $24) for a family maximum of
> non-members.

What would you do for familes that are mixed? Part are paid and part
non-paid?  Will you penalize the paid members for having non-paid family?
Just something to think about.

> We could even track how many non-members went through gate and take the
> $2/person and use it to fund the prize baskets for Elfsea Defender.

I think that might be a workable idea. Of course tracking down how many paid
the non-member rate should be pretty easy, just look through the recipts and
see how many paid the extra $2. That should not be difficult if everyone at
troll writes up the recipts correctly.

Just my thoughts on the topic. I will go hide in my corner again now.

MagD'Leigha