More Wars/Battles (was Re: ES - Heal Thyself first)

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:22:01 PST 2000

>From: Darius and Monica <dmmerlick at earthlink.net>
>How about we Challange TE Fritz and Catrin to build a melee company
>willing to face our Arthurian Company? That way not only do we get a
>good fun day of fighting, we get another trained war band in the >region!

That sounds great!  It would be a local event, perhaps just a day.  We could
go to FlagPole Hill or find a meet-in-the-middle kind of place.  We should
allow archerer (really - we should!!)

>(Hey, think we should ask Glaslyn if they mind being claimed as a
>prize?)

Not so much a 'prize'.  Actually I was thinking more along the lines of
being able to 'claim' "Ruler of the Lands of Glaslyn" for a year.  We would
provide security against raiders, etc. and they would tithe the winning
Barony.

>Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain wrote:
> > I'm all for it!  Just make it AFTER Gulf Wars and give me at > least a
>week to recuperate.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of September/October, about 6
mos before Gulf War.  That would get the muster up I think.  People who
really got a kick out of participating in this could sign up at the event to
participate in one of the companies assembled there.  We could have a
Steppes company, the Elfsea Arthurian company, and the 'mercaneries'(out of
towners).

Perhaps we could have not only battles, but competitions for best teamwork
or something like that.  Something to build comeradiery (sp?).

Neato!

Allessandre