ES - Glaslyn's upcoming Mini-tournament

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Fri Feb 18 12:32:36 PST 2000

Lavina,

Could you give some more details about the A&S rules?

Sindara

At 12:58 PM 2/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings from Glaslyn:
>
>Glaslyn will be hosting a A&S mini-tournament and 11 classes.  Following
are the details and agenda for the event.

>WHEN: Saturday, February 26
>WHERE: St. David's Episcopal Church
>       623 Ector Street
>       Denton, Texas
>
>(Directions - Take your best route to I-35 North. When I-35E and I-35W
meet, follow the route to Oklahoma. Take the 380 (University Drive) exit
and go East. Turn right on Ector Street. The church is on the right).

>TIME: Site opens at 10:00 a.m. and  closes at 6:00 p.m.
>THEME: Regalia.  There will be 2 prizes will be for each level:  beginner,
intermediate and advanced.  Plus there will be a grand prize award given
for the best overall.

>All regalia entered will be donated to the crown.
>
>The agenda for the event is as follows:
>
>10:00	Site opens/Artisans set up displays
>
>11:00	Medicinal Herbalism - Suzanna the Herbalist
>	Beginning English Country Dancing - Lady Capricai
>	Judging Begins
>
>12:00	Potluck Sideboard Lunch - The Canton will provided the following:
Fried Turkey, various breads, butters, cookies and non-alcoholic drinks.
Everyone is asked to bring a side dish of some sort (does not need to be
period).

>1:00	Needlework Class - HL Rosalia O'Brogan
>	Dance Class on Bransles, Pavannes, Almans - Lady Capricia
>	SCA Drinkables 101 - Lady Magdalena
>	Judging Continues
>
>2:00	A&S Displaying and Documentation 101 - HL Darius of the Bells
>	Peasant Dances - Lady Capricia
>	Judging Continues
>
>3:00	Basic Performance 101 - HL Darius of the Bells
>	"Intermediate" English Country Dancing - Lady Capricia
>	Judging Ends
>
>4:00	Awards Presentation/Site Clean-up
>
>6:00	Site closes - we must vacate the premises.
>
>In addition to the classes listed above, Lady Ceinwen will hold an all day
Scribes & Illumination class.