ES - Renaissance Portraits at the Kimbell

Roy Heath the_one_true_roy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 12:59:45 PST 2000

I was there Saturday afternoon and I can attest that the display is definitely worth more han
one trip.  There are currently nine works on display of which five are of significant value to
costumers.  A tenth work will be displayed from the end of March until the end of the show in
May.  Do not delay as this is the only opportunity you will have to see some of these works
without going to Italy.

There is a guide book available for about $22 which is well worth the money, but be forwarened
that the colors in the photographs are significantly off from the actual works.  Bring your
Pantone books if you want accurate comparisons later.

This is a fabulous show and, for some inexplicable reason, it is free.  My advice is to pay
the extra $4 and see the rest of the museum while you're there.  The medieval and renaissance
colletion is really quite extraordinary for a museum of this size.

If you are interested in late period Italian costuming, don't miss this one.