ES - Polling Elfsea- from TRM

CraigCC at AOL.com CraigCC at AOL.com
Tue Feb 8 09:39:27 PST 2000

Unto Their most noble subjects of the Barony of Elfsea do Their Majesties
send Greetings,

First and formost, it is with a saddened heart that We must accept the
resignation of Llewellyn amd Xene.  They have done an outstanding job
administering this Barony over the past 3 and a half years.  We feel honored
that We have resided within the lands they have wisely kept for the Crown.

On to the subject of the candidates:

We have, in the past two days, been contacted by various members of the
populace of Elfsea inquiring as to Our own candidacy for these positions.  We
truly thank these worthies for their kind words and consideration, but We
believe it would be improper to do so.  Also... it is way too much work!  I
think We would prefer to attempt to win Crown a couple more times ;)

We have been contacted by two couples so far--

* HL Darius of the Bells & HL Rosalia O'Brogan
* Viscount Galen of Bristol & HL Allesandre Beatrice Desiderio
We welcome any candidates throughout the polling process.  In addition, We
will post the identities of said new candidates as soon as they apply.

As for the polling process:

We will gladly accept e-mailed recommendations for all who cannot attend the
meeting on the 28th.  We would like these missives to include more than just
a simple yes or no.  This is Our home barony and We consider you Our family.
Please feel free to expound upon all aspects of the abovestated candidates.
The opinion of the populace is of great importance to Us.

In addition, We also realize that the 3 week interval between announcement
and polling is a bit slim.  However, after consideration of a multitude of
factors, We feel that this is the course We would like to follow.  Please
rest easy knowing that the Seneschallate, and Ourselves, will see that all of
those who wish to advise Us will have the opportunity to do so.  As has been
stated earlier, this may be accomplished via mail, e-mail, or a personal
written polling at the meeting.  Everyone's voice will be heard.

The process of selection of a territorial Baron/ess is one that is too ofter
fraught with negativity and strife.  Please, lets have Elfsea provide a
shining exception to that unfortunate rule.  We are currently in the eviable
position of fresiding within a Barony that is virtually apolitical and filled
with an unmatched comeraderie.  We are proud to be your King and Queen, as
well as your friends.

With the Utmost Respect and Love,

Alaric    Kayleigh
King       Queen